Your Gifts at Work
Thanks to your support, thousands of families in our community receive the help they need to thrive:
- Over 100 families receive counseling services each week.
- An average of 70 families are supplied with food from the food pantry each week.
- 1,057 children received gifts at Christmas 2014.
- $286,000 in Federal and State returns were processed for residents of the Middle Tyger Area free of charge through the VITA Tax Preparation Program in 2015.
- 400 children receive school supplies.
- More than 100 uninsured, low-income adults receive vital medical care.
- 94% of participants in the Adolescent Family Life Program achieved their educational goals (graduated from high school, earned GED, or advanced to the next grade level) (statewide, only 40% of adolescent parents will finish high school).
- More than 150 students attend adult education clases.
Click here to read how your gifts have impacted people's lives.